Probably the single most important thing you can do to make weight loss and maintenance a success is to plan your menu every week. When you don’t plan, it’s too easy to fall into the convenience trap of takeout or processed foods. Meal planning empowers you to have the ingredients on hand so you’re ready to go come dinnertime. Not only does a meal plan eliminate the “what’s for dinner?” hassle, it also lets you proactively support healthy weight goals by choosing foods packed with vitamins, minerals, fiber, healthy fats, and lean protein.
If you don’t know what you’re having for dinner each day this week, take a few minutes now to jot down a menu. The dinners under 300 calories below are a great way to get started. And, remember, recipes like chicken soup and lasagna rolls create yummy grab-n-go leftovers you can enjoy for lunch the following day.
1. Turkey Cutlets with Quinoa Pilaf | 286 calories per serving
Dig into this refreshing take on comfort food taste with a delish turkey dish, which offers plenty of protein with little saturated fat.
2. Crockpot Cauliflower Fried Rice | 172 calories per serving
This veggie-licious recipe is a delightfully light—and healthy—way to cap off your day. Plus, it takes only about two hours (on high) to cook in a slow cooker.
3. Better Than Your Mom’s Chicken Soup | 163 calories per serving
From peas to carrots to corn, this is one of those dinners under 300 calories that will fill you with homemade goodness.
4. Clean Eating Pizza Lasagna Rolls | 232 calories per serving
This delicious version of fan-favorite Skinny Lasagna Rolls is a tasty way to serve a meal that’s low in calories and high in family-friendly flavor.
5. Barbeque Chicken and Avocado Quesadillas | 271 calories per serving
When you want easy dinners under 300 calories, put this recipe on the menu. It includes just five ingredients, and most of them are probably already in your kitchen!
6. Asian Stuffed Bell Peppers | 162 calories per serving
These peppers are stuffed with cabbage, ground pork (or turkey or beef), and plenty of Asian-inspired flavor.
7. Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry | 256 calories per serving
Dive into a crisp recipe that delivers takeout taste without the calories or questionable additives.
8. Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chili Sauce | 240 calories per serving
Greek yogurt makes healthy dinner recipes like this one a yummy way to enjoy a creamy dish that won’t weigh you down with empty calories.
9. Black Bean and Quinoa Chili Bowl | 281 calories per serving
This burrito-like recipe is hearty, so it’s sure to satisfy any hungry crew.
10. Oven-Crisp Fish Tacos | 198 calories per serving
Enjoy a taco night that won’t sink your weight loss goals with this delish recipe.
11. Pork Chops with Balsamic Strawberry Sauce | 244 calories per serving
Pair this under-300-calorie recipe with a green salad for a meal that’s easy enough for weeknights and pretty enough for date nights.
12. Philly Cheese & Veggie Sandwich | 258 calories per serving
Mushrooms, onions, and bell peppers give this Philly flavor—with far fewer calories.
13. Grilled Veggie Burger | 228 calories per serving
Use an outdoor or indoor grill to comfort your taste buds with delicious burger flavor that’s full of protein.
14. Slow Cooker Fiesta Chili Supper | 254 calories per serving
Come home to the aroma of a meal that’s ready to enjoy. This healthy chili includes ground turkey, red kidney beans, corn, bell peppers, and more.
15. Pasta with Green Beans and Pesto | 298 calories per serving
You don’t need to eliminate pasta when you’re committed to losing weight or maintaining a healthy one! This meal idea is a good lower-calorie pasta option—however, try to measure out the portion size, since it’s easy to overeat yummy pasta dishes.