1. Paschimottanasana pose (Bent knee trunk flexion):
- Sit in a yoga mat with your legs stretched out in front of you. Don’t bend your knees and keep the palms on the ground beside your hips.
- Deeply inhale and straighten your spine.
- While exhaling bend forward to touch the toes with your fingers.
- If you follow the correct posture, your face should be on your knees. Otherwise being a beginner, bend as much as possible and if you face problems, you may even bend your knees slightly.
- Take some few normal breaths and with a deep inhalation, sit up straightening your spine. Release the hands and keep them by your side.
- Repeat another 5 times with the same breathing process.
2. Dhanurasana (Bow pose):
- Lie down with your belly on the ground. Your chin should be touching the ground.
- Keep hands beside you with your palms facing upward.
- Your legs should be placed at a 6 inches distance from one another.
- Bend your legs at the knees and bring the heels close to your hips.
- Now grasp the ankles with both your hands.
- Slowly lift your chin, head and neck backwards. Your chest should be still on the ground.
- Now inhale deeply and lift your legs, thighs, chest till only your abdomen is touching the ground. Balance yourself on the abdomen only.
- Pull your legs with your hands as much as possible so as to arch your body completely in the shape of a bow.
- Bring your feet together.
- Now look up and gaze at a point on the ceiling.
- This is your final position. Hold your breath while in this position.
- When you feel a strain on your back, exhale fully and return to your original position.
[ Read: How To Do Dhanurasana (Bow pose) ]
3. Urdhava Hastotanasana:
Want a slim and attractive waist? This is a good stretching asana that not only gives you a lean waist but also a broad chest. Here’s how to do it.
- Stand erect with your feet together. Raise your hands above your head in a namaste.
- Now keeping your legs grounded, bend your body to the right as much as possible till you feel a strain on your left waist. Stay for 15 seconds.
- Return back to the original position.
- Now bend left. Retain this position for another 15 seconds.
- Slowly you may increase the holding time to 30 seconds.
4. Baddha Konasana (Cobbler pose):
A perfect asana to shape up your thighs and buttocks. With regular practice of this yoga for fit body, be ready to flaunt slim thighs in your mini dresses.
- Sit on your yoga mat with a straight spine.
- Bend your legs at the knees and the edge of the soles of both your feet touching each other. The heels should be touching your inner thigh.
- Now grasp the ankles of both your legs.
- As you inhale deeply, straighten your spine and draw your shoulder blades backwards.
- Exhale and press the soles together.
- Maintain this posture for as long as comfortable taking deep breaths.
- If possible, bend forward from the waist to touch the chin on the ground.
Yoga exercises for an elegant mind:
1. Standing forward bend (Uttanasana):
This asana relieves you of mental stress and anxiety, soothes brain and also cures patients suffering from mild depression.
- Stand on the mat straight and in relaxed position.
- Bring your legs together keeping just a few inches distance from one another.
- Now bend forward and touch your ankles with your hand. Keep forehead positioned in front of your knees.
- If you are a beginner, you may face difficulty in coming forward without bending your bend knees. So just bend your knees a bit and touch your ankles. Another option is that, don’t bend your knees and instead of touching your ankles keep a block in front of you. Support yourself on that.
2. Setu Bandhana:
The next pose is Setu Bandhana or bridge pose. This pose can be quite a challenge for beginners. However, once you can manage this pose with practice it is quite helpful to fight against any mental illness be it depression, anxiety or stress.
- Lie on the ground with your spine erect and hands by your side with palms facing downwards.
- Now bend your leg at your knees keeping your feet together on the ground.
- Now slowly lift your hips off the floor while still keeping your feet grounded and hands by your side.
- Hold this pose and lift your hands above your head.
This pose rejuvenates and relaxes your mind.
End the asanas with Balasana or child pose. This yoga not only gives you a chance to rest after having done with all
This is also called the child’s pose.
- Sit on the floor with bent knees. They should be separated from one another. Your hips should be resting on your heels.
- Place your hands on your thighs.
- Now start bending forward such that the upper torso is on your thighs.
- Bend further down to make your forehead touch the ground.
- Bring your hands back and let them lie freely on the ground beside your feet with palms facing the ceiling or you may also hold your heels with your hands.
Balasana is mainly like a relaxation pose after you have done asanas like headstand or shoulderstand. This pose also helps rest your mind in peace freeing them from all anxieties and worries.
[ Read: Balasana (Child Pose) and Its Benefits ]
Yoga exercises for a healthy heart:
1. Supta hasta padasana (Lying hand to leg posture):
- Lie flat on your back with hands by your side. Take some normal breaths.
- Now slowly raise up your right leg with a deep inhalation. Your leg should be perpendicular to your upper torso.
- Hold your right leg at the ankle with your right hand. If not possible hold it at the thigh with both hands.
- Hold for 5 seconds. Keep breathing normal.
- Now as you exhale, put down your right leg.
- Repeat the same with your left leg too.
- Do some 5-6 rounds and take rest.
2. Vrikshasana (Tree pose):
- Stand straight with your feet together and keep your hands by your side.
- Lift up your right leg up with bent knees and place your foot on your left inner thigh as in the picture.
- Your hands should be in a Namaste position. Lift them up above your head. Don’t bend your elbows.
- Balance your whole body only on your left foot.
- Breathe normally.
- When you want to exit, put down your hands and your legs and stand in normal position with hands by your side.
- Rest and repeat on your other leg too.
[ Read: How To Do Vrikshasana (Tree Pose) ]
All these health yoga poses give you a fit and healthy body.
Yoga is a great healthy way to unwind after a stressful day.
If you love working out in the comfort of your own home or need a effective workout routine you can do anywhere, I highly suggest trying out the 12 Week Yoga Burn Challenge created by Zoe Bray-Cotton. The 12 Week Yoga Burn Challenge is designed specifically for women and has been created to shape the feminine body to look and fell better!
12 Week Yoga Burn Challenge is the ultimate yoga program of beginner yogis.
All of the workouts are under 60 minutes and go by very quickly. The yoga program is broken up into three unique phases. The phases consist of the fundamental, transitional, and mastery flow.
Phase one (fundamental phase) focuses on teach you the foundation of a strong yoga practice.
Phase two (transitional phase) is aimed to teach you how to link the poses you learned in phases one together.
Phase three (mastery phase) designed to spice things up, re-energize and reinvigorate your mental focus while fully maximizing your weight loss results.
For a limited time offer of Instant access to download Yoga Burn, plus receive 2 complete physical collections for $57.