INSTANT POT CORN ON THE COB
Cooking corn on the cob is so easy and quick. And Instant Pot Pressure Cooker makes it even faster & easier with consistently delicious results, while conserving the nutrients.
How to Purchase Corn on the Cob?
- Husks: fresh, good green color (not brown/yellow/dry), tight
- Kernels: bright, plump, milky, tightly arranged in rows
- Silk: soft, moist, light golden pale (not brown/brittle), slightly sticky, the more silk the better
- Bottom (where it was broken off the stalk): if it’s already brown – most likely it’s not fresh
- Don’t buy corn that has been out in the sun all day
How to Store Corn on the Cob?
Ideally, you should cook & consume the corn on the cob on the day it was picked. But if you’re not going to cook and eat your fresh corn that day, here are some storage tips:
- Remove the long stem & outer big leaves to prevent moisture loss
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator with the husks to protect its flavor
You’ll Enjoy Instant Pot Corn on the Cob Because:
- Maximize the nutrient retention comparing to traditional cooking methods
- Quick & easy way to make perfectly juicy & tender corn
- Family-friendly healthy comfort food – great as a side dish or snack
Ingredients for Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
- 4 ears corn on the cob, husks and silk removed
Tools for Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
- Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker
- Stainless Steel Steaming Rack Stand
Instructions for Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
Pressure Cook the Corn on the Cob
4 ears corn on the cob, husks and silk removed
Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker
Stainless Steel Steaming Rack Stand
Pour 1 cup of cold water in the pressure cooker.
Place a trivet in the Instant Pot, then place 4 ears of corn on the cob on the trivet.
Close the lid and cook at
- Pressure Cooking Method: High Pressure for 1 – 2 minutes
- Pressure Release Method: Quick Release
Open the lid carefully.
Serve Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
Serve immediately with butter, salt, and pepper, or your favorite seasonings or sauces.